Pozorka

Pozorka

Pozorka

Although this part of the village is the southern part of the cadastral and borders with the city of Teplice, it appears in written records until 1594 under the name of Little Egypt. This scoffed name was changed by a German title Zuckmantel in period of 17th to 18th century, which mentions, that this is a dangerous place where people are being attacked.

It was a small agricultural village until the mid-19th century and its change was brought then by intensive industrialization in mining, metallurgy, chemicals and glass.
Compared to 409 residents from 1850, the number of population increased up to 3,538 in 1921. The removal of German population after World War II, the development of surface coal mining in the sixties and the economic crisis, when all the local glass factories were closed, brought the reduction of importance of community in 1931. At the beginning of the 3rd Millennium Pozorka has 1,163 inhabitants.

In Pozorka there are three large glass factories (AGC-Barevka, Lesní Brána-Union, OI MANUFACTURING, which used to be the old Rudolph works) at present. There is a company Unifrax in the area of Lesní Brána, which produces fibrous insulation materials. The centre of Pozorka is located near the chapel and school. Expanding trade and business activities are centralized in that area as well.

Despite the privatization of property, large investment projects of the municipality (electrification, gas and sewer) the most deprived housing stock is in this part of town. This is also linked to the largest proportion of the Roma community in the city, including social issues.