Town Church of Our Lady Ascension

75 Points of Interest

It dates back to the 14th century. It was damaged by fires many times. In 1668 it was renewed. The new altars were completed in 1684 and the rostrum in 1688 and so called „sacred staircase“ with set of sculpturres titled „Ecce homo“ in 1735. Baroque parsonage was complete in 1756. The St. Jan Nepomucký statue in the church front yard garden dates back to period around 1800. The town bell tower on the slope behind the church dates back to the first half of the 15th century. It has masonry carrier wall, wooden storey and a shingle roof.

 

Contacts