Mstišov

Mstišov

Mstišov

Mstišov was an separate satellite village until 1980 and the first written record was dated to 1487. Up to 19th century Mstišov (Tischau) was a purely agricultural village. It became well known after establishment of branches and hunting pavilion Dvojhradí Tuppelburg (twin Tuppelburg). However in the second half of the 19th century settlement radically changed its character and became purely an industrial center. In 1890, there were in operation five glass factories, three underground coal mines and manufacturing company producing drive belts and tannery. As the political and social activities of Czech either German sections of the population was very lively as well.

 

This situation essentially continued until the period of World War II. Later, the village experienced rapid population decline, which has been unable to stop for a long time. In 1978 there were only 557 inhabitants and a similar situation was also at the time of connection Mstišov to Dubí. At the beginning of the 3rd Millenium 484 permanent residents live in Mstišov.

A large share of this state was the fact that a number of residential buildings and all industrial operations had to withdraw due to surface coal mining practices of Dukla mine.

Up to now the village takes the new character of not only the transfer of ownership, but as well as business development activities. The original square with historical monuments of fountain and chapel of St. Hubert are renewed again and the dilapidated buildings are extensively renovated. Renewed and maintained view points are also a landmark park and hunting lodge.

The whole city was successfully serviced by gas distribution network, and managed to prepare the construction of sanitary sewers. Mstišov should be preserved as a place of quiet family home surrounded by relatively intact nature for the future.